- 3 cup strawberries
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 cups of cashews soaked overnight or soaked in hot water for 30 mins
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch (optional but gives better textures) (can sub more cornstarch)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 vanilla pod or 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- pinch of salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 F.
- Cut off the stem of the strawberries and you may need to cut some in half so they are about the same size.
- Place them on a baking sheet drizzle with balsamic vinegar and bake for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime put the cashew, almond milk, salt, starch, and sugar in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Places this mix with the vanilla seeds and pod in a pot.
- Cook on medium heat stirring constantly until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Strain the mixture to remove the vanilla pod and any lumps that may have formed.
- Deglazed the strawberry pan with a splash of almond milk (this is why the ice cream has a darker color).
- Mash the strawberries (or you can blend them until smooth) and combine with the ice cream mixture the ice cream will look slightly gray not to worry it taste amazing but you can add some food coloring to make it redder.
- Cover with plastic wrap so a skin doesn’t form. Put in the fridge overnight before putting in your ice cream maker, and follow the manufactures instructions. Enjoy!